If you have plans to take a shot at the future with your partner, then there are some kinds of temptations you need to avoid at at all cost. Some of these things come at the beginning of your relationship while other things may be in the later stages when you become both used to each other.
You may be guilty of falling into these unhealthy patterns in your relationship, but you can always do a double-check and declare a fresh start for you and your partner.
- Moving to fast: One temptation at the #beginning of a relationship is to move too fast. Give yourself #time to decide if you like this guy. He may not be what he seems at first. Give your #relationship time to bloom naturally. It’s always better when #things happen the way they’re meant to instead of being forced along. If you’ve already moved too fast, you can still choose to slow down now.
- Making him your whole world: I think that every #girl has dealt with this temptation at times. But it isn’t one that pays off. You don’t want to lose yourself in your #relationship. Make #time to go out with your friends and enjoy your favorite hobby. No matter how much you love each other, you need your own identity, too.
- Bashing your guy on social media: Your guy just did something that convinced you that he’s the biggest jerk in the #world. You want nothing more than to bash him publicly. Don’t do it, ladies! It may feel good in the moment but you’ll regret it when you make up. Not only does it hurt his feelings but it paints your #relationship in a negative light.
- Being rude to your partner's friends or family you don't like: So your guy has this friend or family member that you don’t love. Maybe they’re bossy or rude or just plain irritating. It’s okay that you don’t like them but it’s not okay to be rude to them. If they’re truly the way you think they are, then your guy will see their true colors in #time. Trust me on this one
- Expecting him to always take your advice: It’s great to talk and share the #things you’re facing in your life with your partner. It’s okay to offer advice, too. But don’t be offended if your #partner doesn’t take it. Remember that you’re two unique individuals and you have two unique perspectives on life. Your advice may not feel right to him and that’s okay
- Treating with common courtesy: This one is easy enough to fall into. It seems like the ones we love the most often get the worst side of us. I’ve been guilty of this myself. But it’s not a good decision. The one you love the most deserves more courtesy and kindness than anyone else on earth. If this is something you struggle with, know that you can overcome it.
- Sleeping together before you are ready: One thing you absolutely want to avoid is sleeping together before you’re ready. Make sure you’re ready for this step. The #right person won’t rush you. It’s a big step in your #relationship so make sure you feel right about it. Another good point on this subject to remember is to always practice safe sex.