The act of purchasing products or services over the Internet. Online shopping has grown in popularity over the years, mainly because people find it convenient and easy to bargain shop from the comfort of their home or office. One of the most enticing factor about online shopping, particularly during a holiday season, is it alleviates the need to wait in long lines or search from store to store for a particular item.
Online shopping has revolutionized the business world by making everything anyone could want available by the simple click of a mouse button.
Local retailers are attempting to expand their footprints by offering goods for sale via online shopping.
Time and money are precious. When we shop, we want to save as much as possible of both. However, as environmentally-aware consumers we are increasingly assessing the amount of greenhouse gases that are emitted when we buy shoes, books or household appliances.
When comparing online shopping with local shopping, these effects are often not taken into consideration. Since posting parcels also results in CO2 emissions, a reduction in greenhouse gases is only achieved if an online order replaces three and a half actual shopping trips by car, or if 25 products are delivered simultaneously or if the online purchase saves the customer a 50 kilometre journey.
These are the top five reasons to shop online.
1. Better Prices
The vast majority of online stores offer prices that are much lower than what you will find at a physical store. There are a few reasons for this. The first is because many people use the Internet to find cheaper items. Online business owners understand this. They will usually reduce their profit margin to get more customers.
Another reason is because you can easily browse through dozens of different websites to find the best price. You can do the same at a mall, but it would take about an hour or longer. You also may not be taxed because most eCommerce stores won’t tax you unless they are stationed in your state.
Shopping online is convenient. You don’t need to get dressed and drive to your favorite store. You can easily visit their website, find the product you want and buy it without getting out of your pyjamas. It’s also convenient because you don’t need to wait for the store to open.
If you work irregular hours or are very busy, then you probably don’t have the time to visit the store. Shopping online allows you to buy things without hurting your schedule.
Most physical stores have a limited array of products. They can only hold so many items, and there are often many policies affecting the availability of products. For example, there might be a certain item that is only available to those versions of the business that exist in the mall.
Shopping online allows you to find many products that you wouldn't be able to find in a physical store. You can also buy products that may not logically go together like candy canes and quilts.
4. Fewer Traps
Physical stores are made to lure you into buying more things. They use posters, sales messages, colours and product placement to make you buy additional items. The most popular products are typically in the back because the owner wants you to view all of his or her other products. Many people will find a few additional items by the time they reach the thing they came in for.
These tactics are not as pronounced with online stores. This means that you won’t feel the pressure to buy other things.
5. Discreet Shopping
Physical stores often make it difficult to buy certain items. For example, buying lingerie without getting a few awkward stares is nearly impossible. There are many instances of this, and sometimes you might feel embarrassed for no reason.
Shopping online gives you privacy because you won’t have people looking at you while you shop. Not only that, but the receipts are usually made so that no one will know what you bought.
Comments about shopping online:
1. Shopping online is so much easier than lugging my daughter around with me, and you can find great deals just about everywhere, that make up for the shipping and handling fees.
2. Online shopping will become a necessity for most of the people in the world. You can easily compare price, features, function, and get the latest updates of any products just by your mouse!
3. Online shopping makes it easy for me to compare sellers before buying. I can get more detail before making a decision to buy or not.
4. Nowadays the car park charges are so high that it puts me off; and with online shopping I can look at what they have to offer without being bothered or interrupted by shop assistants.
5. With online shopping, we all benefit greatly from this endless competition between online retailers. Another excellent way to save money by buying online is deals offered by retailers, great discounts and savings only for those who purchase specific products online.
6. It is so much easier to sit at home, find my size, color, and style and then it's delivered to my front door.
7. One can shop online from a worldwide selection of a specific product. Everything is just one click away from you -- and online comparison of prices helps to buy cheapest product within a specific quality range.
8. Online shopping is convenient and hassle free. In India more and more people are shopping online each day. And they are reaping the benefits as well. Some websites are also offering online shopping of grocery products – which I think is a leap forward from the typical online selling.
9. Better prices are one of the main reasons that online shopping has taken off. The simple fact that the middle men are cut out of the delivery chain leads to a reduction in the cost and thus the final price of the product.
1O. I love online shopping because my dog is not allowed in a lot of stores, even though he is well behaved. I hate crowds and lines too.
There you have it, in their own words. These comments make mighty nice arguments for the benefits of online shopping. Understand the shopper’s psyche and you’ll have the key to how to make them happy, while racking up sales.
With online shopping, we all benefit greatly from this endless competition between online retailers. Another excellent way to save money by buying online is deals offered by retailers, great discounts and savings only for those who purchase specific products online.
It is so much easier to sit at home, find my size, color, and style and then it's delivered to my front door.
One can shop online from a worldwide selection of a specific product. Everything is just one click away from you -- and online comparison of prices helps to buy cheapest product within a specific quality range.
Online shopping is convenient and hassle free. Better prices are one of the main reasons that online shopping has taken off. The simple fact that the middle men are cut out of the delivery chain leads to a reduction in the cost and thus the final price of the product.
The final results of the surveys taken over the last decade which rated the impact of Internet shopping are as follows:
1. Internet shoppers are more active as in-home shoppers.
2. Internet shoppers have more Internet experience, they use the Internet more frequently, and they have longer Internet sessions.
3. Computer professionals and those who use the Internet in their work are more active at shopping from the Internet.
4. Internet shoppers have found unique products on the Internet.
5. Internet shoppers perceive less risk in Internet shopping than non-shoppers.